Part-time and/or Seasonal Booksellers
Explore Booksellers, a local treasure and nationally-known independent bookstore, has been serving the Aspen, Colorado community for nearly 50 years. Our buyers curate a large collection of books ranging widely in subject matter and a beautiful selection of cards, journals, gifts and games. Known as a community gathering place for locals and visitors alike with a “salon-like vibrancy,” Explore also offers a thoughtful and inspiring line-up of speakers and events that welcome and challenge visitors to discover and explore new ideas.
Explore Booksellers' staff are instrumental in creating a welcoming environment for customers where we engage with them and share love and knowledge of books and make relevant recommendations. The role includes understanding the mission and vision of the bookstore to deepen its role as a community hub for locals and must-stop location for visitors.
Booksellers are primarily responsible for working with customers and inventory to provide the community with a local independent bookstore.
Representative responsibilities include:
- Create a welcoming environment for customers where you engage with them and share your love and knowledge of books and make relevant recommendations.
- Providing excellent customer service, ensuring complete customer satisfaction by addressing requests and resolving problems
- Receiving and unloading merchandise and verifying orders.
- Stocking shelves and participating in inventory.
- Keeping the store neat and tidy, creating displays and ensuring the bookstore is always shoppable and inviting.
- Helping with events and community outreach.
- May have opening and closing responsibilities.
- May provide general store cleaning (vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, and dusting) and straightening (shelves, displays, and register areas).
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
Knowledge & Skils required:
- Passionate reader and knowledgeable about books.
- Positive and can-do attitude.
- Enjoy working with people.
- Energized by working in an ever-changing environment.
- Listen to people and enjoy solving problems.
- Can clearly and respectfully communicate and express oneself.
- Bookselling or retail experience preferred.
Location: Aspen, Colorado
Job Type: Part-time, Seasonal
Rate of Pay: $14.00-$19.00 per hour, depending on experience
Benefits: Generous employee discount, early access to new books, paid sick time
Schedule: Variable, 8-30 hours/week, up to 40 for summer seasonal booksellers. Some weekend or evening work may be required.
How to apply: To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to Jason Jefferies at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Explore Booksellers is an equal opportunity employer.