Explore Booksellers, a local treasure and nationally-known independent bookstore, has been serving the Aspen, Colorado community for nearly 50 years.We curate a large collection of books ranging widely in subject matter and a beautiful selection of cards, journals, gifts and games. Known as a community gathering place for locals and visitors alike with a “salon-like vibrancy”, Explore also offers a thoughtful and inspiring line-up of speakers and events that welcome and challenge visitors to discover and explore new ideas.
We are seeking a new General Manager who loves books, the Aspen community and connecting people to great ideas. The General Manager is responsible for building and overseeing the team of people who work in the store, as well as overseeing the business operations and steering the bookstore towards success.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Recruiting, training, and managing the booksellers and other staff
- Overseeing day-to-day operations, including overseeing inventory management and all budget and financial aspects of the store
- Marketing, including email newsletter, website, social media, and new innovations
- Building community between the bookstore and businesses and groups in the Roaring Fork Valley and beyond, including helping to organize events
You're a great fit for this position if you:
- Are great at building and managing a team
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Are an avid reader and love exploring new ideas
- Are independent and entrepreneurial, but also comfortable with oversight
- Are good at problem solving and innovating, and have an eagerness to learn
- Have strong attention to detail and are computer and technology savvy
Qualifications: Minimum qualifications include previous experience as a team leader or manager of 3+ employees/direct reports, have excellent independent judgment and discretion and the ability to oversee significant projects. A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is preferred, but not required. Ideal candidates will have robust staff management experience, a track record of driving business goals and vision including managing a budget and business plan, and 3+ years of retail or small business experience.
Location: Aspen, Colorado
Compensation and Benefits: The compensation range for this position is $32,000-$50,000 and depends on relevant experience, education, and location. Our benefits package may include medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and dependents and paid time off. Housing assistance also is available.
How to apply: To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to Jenny Douglass at email@example.com.
Explore Booksellers is an equal opportunity employer.