Learn Japanese with Manga Volume Two: A Self-Study Language Guide (Free Online Audio) (Paperback)
Coming Soon - Available for Pre-Order Now
Learn to speak, read and write Japanese quickly using manga comics strips If you enjoy manga, you'll love learning Japanese with this book. The language lessons are interspersed with entertaining manga comic strips that make it easy to learn and remember all the key vocabulary and grammar. The plot picks up where Learn Japanese with Manga Volume 1 left off -- following Nuria, a journalist who is sent to Tokyo to research a news story, where she keeps encountering a mysterious "shadow" or kage.
- Use your knowledge of hiragana and katakana from Volume 1 to help you decipher hundreds of new kanji vocabulary -- without romanizations
- Learn to form complex sentences, with relative clauses, honorific forms and more
- Learn hundreds of useful words and phrases -- from how to order food in a restaurant to dealing with unexpected events and emergencies
- Six manga episodes are woven throughout the book, reinforcing your language skills
- A bidirectional dictionary and answer keys for all the exercises are included
Learn Japanese with Manga is designed for self-study by adult learners, but is also suitable for classroom use. Audio recordings by Japanese native speakers are available for free online to help you improve your pronunciation and listening skills. With a focus on the casual speech used by young people in Japan today, you'll find yourself speaking and writing Japanese before you know it.
About the Author
Marc Bernabe is a Japanese-Spanish/Catalan translator and interpreter focused on manga and anime translations. He also teaches Japanese language and cultural etiquette courses for non-Japanese speakers. Bernabe lives in Barcelona, Spain. J. M. Ken Niimura is an illustrator of Spanish-Japanese descent. He has a degree in fine arts and has won more than thirty awards. His illustrations appear in many books published in his native Spain, and he frequently exhibits his work and teaches illustration. Niimura lives in Barcelona, Spain.