This book is a comprehensive resource for coaching the 3-5-2 formation at all levels. The level of detail and tactical solutions included will help you emulate how top coaches, such as Antonio Conte (Inter) and Nuno Esp rito Santo (Wolverhampton Wanderers), use the 3-5-2 to great success.
This book goes into great detail to show the movement of all players within the 3-5-2 system of play in various tactical situations and against different formations, in the attacking and defensive phase.
This will enable you to optimise your team's tactical awareness and performance.
Tactical solutions are provided for all game situations, in relation to how to counteract the opponent's positioning, organisation and decision making.
This book will teach you to coordinate and solve specific game situations in a flexible way with many different options and tactical solutions.
As a coach, you can train these patterns of play repetitively, so that the players' reading of the game becomes automatic and the team is quickly able to recognise and find the best solutions to solve every conceivable tactical situation.
This book includes:
- Tactical Strengths and Weaknesses of the 3-5-2 Formation
- 3-5-2 Tactics Against Different Formations (4-4-2, 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3, 4-3-1-2, 3-5-2 and 3-4-3)
- Overcoming the First Line of Pressing (Build-up Play from the Back)
- Moving the Ball in Between the Opposition's Midfield and Defensive Lines
- Playing in Behind the Opposition's Defensive Line
- Defensive Organisation and Pressing
- Organisation of the Defensive Line
- 41 Practices and Variations to Apply Tactical Solutions with the 3-5-2
Renato Montagnolo has a UEFA 'B' Coaching Licence and a Patentino Match Analyst Licence.
He has been working as a First Team Assistant Manager and Match Analyst for the past few years in Serie C in Italy.
With experience of writing books and articles, speaking and teaching, Renato is a respected football tactics expert.