What They Didn't Teach You in Spanish Class: Slang Phrases for the Cafe, Club, Bar, Bedroom, Ball Game and More (Paperback)
Usually Available/Ships in 5-7 Business Days
Learn all the Spanish slang and up-to-date phrases you always wanted to know in this handy English-Spanish phrasebook for modern travelers.
Chilling with an ice-cold cerveza at a beach bar...
Dancing at CDMX’s hottest salsa club...
Screaming your head off at the Copa América...
Drop the textbook formality and chat with the locals in Latin America’s everyday language.
• What’s up? ¿Qué tal?
• What a hottie! ¡Que cuerazo!
• Let’s pound these shots. Tráguemonos estos traguitos.
• That ref sucks. Es una mierda ese árbitro/a.
• I’m craving all-you-can-eat tacos. Me antoja un poco de taquiza libre.
• Do you wanna hook up? ¿Quieres ligar?
About the Author
Juan Caballero is a doctoral candidate in Comparative literature. His studies have spanned the Argentine novel, psychoanalysis, sadomasochism, linguistics, film noir, third-world aesthetics, and socialist revisionism. He is a lifelong Californian and avid backpacker whose passions include competitive eating, contemporary art, and noise music.