Moon Israel & the West Bank: With Petra: Planning Essentials, Sacred Sites, Unforgettable Experiences (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Not Yet Published
Ancient stories meet modern cities in this deeply significant region where the past is always present. Take the trip of a lifetime with Moon Israel & the West Bank. Inside you'll find:
- Flexible, strategic itineraries including a week in Jerusalem, three days in Tel Aviv, and a month exploring the region plus excursions to the West Bank, the Dead Sea, and Petra
- The top sights and unique experiences: Visit the Church of the Holy Sepulchre or pay respects at the Western Wall, and stop at holy sites throughout Northern Israel and the West Bank. Feast on falafel, hummus, and shaksuka and haggle for antiques at a market in Jerusalem. Bike through Tel Aviv's charming Neve Tzedek neighborhood or relax at one of its beaches. Float in the Dead Sea, watch the sun set over the massive Negev craters, or stay overnight in a Bedouin tent encampment
- Local insight: Journalist and longtime Jerusalem resident Genevieve Belmaker shares the history and culture of her beloved former home
- Full-color, vibrant photos throughout
- Detailed maps for exploring on your own, and useful tips on border crossings and checkpoints
- Thorough background information on the landscape, history, government, and culture
- Handy tools and planning essentials including Hebrew and Arabic phrasebooks, health and safety tips, customs and conduct, and information for LGBTQ, female, and senior travelers, families with children, travelers of color, and travelers with disabilities
- Focused coverage of Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, Haifa, the North Coast, the Galilee and the Golan Heights, the West Bank, Eilat and the Negev, and Petra, Jordan
Exploring further? Check out Moon Egypt.
About the Author
Genevieve Belmaker is an award-winning American journalist, editor, author and photographer who has lived and worked extensively in New York City, Jerusalem, the West Bank, Israel, as well as throughout the U.S. and South and Central America. She is founder and publisher of La Raza X Publishing.
She has worked as an editor with reporters on producing hundreds of stories. She writes about and reports on fascinating people and places around the world, the global environmental crisis, the journalism industry, social justice, and crime. Genevieve's work has been published by Middle East Eye, Pacific Standard, Poynter, Nieman Reports for Harvard, Mongabay environment and science news, Quill magazine for the Society of Professional Journalists, PBS Mediashift, and others.
Genevieve is the author of several travel guides for Moon. She also wrote and published the epistolary novella Lovingly Yours and the children's book The Littlest Kitten.