Moon Amalfi Coast: With Capri, Naples & Pompeii (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
From the pastel rooftops of Positano to the soaring peak of Monte Solaro, immerse yourself in la dolce vita with Moon Amalfi Coast. Inside you'll find:
- Flexible itineraries for spending 1 to 5 days in different spots along the Amalfi Coast, including Sorrento, Capri, Naples, and more, that can be combined for a longer trip
- Strategic advice for foodies, art lovers, hikers, history buffs, beach bums, and more
- Must-see highlights and unique experiences: Swim in turquoise waters, relax on sun-soaked beaches, or hop on a boat and cruise past cliffs, coves, and secret caves. Go underground to see ancient ruins in Naples or climb the towers of medieval castles. Take a day trip to Pompeii and hike to the top of Mount Vesuvius, ride a chairlift to the peak of Monte Solaro, or unwind in the natural hot springs that dot the island of Ischia
- The best local flavors: Stroll quiet village streets where the scent of Sunday ragu fills the air, feast on fresh seafood steps from the Mediterranean, sip local limoncello on a sunny terrace, and chow down on authentic Neapolitan pizza
- Honest suggestions from Amalfi local Laura Thayer on where to stay, where to eat, and how to get around
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Helpful resources on COVID-19 and traveling to the Amalfi Coast
- Background information on the landscape, history, and cultural customs of the Amalfi Coast
- Handy tools including an Italian phrasebook and tips for seniors and traveling with children
Exploring more of Italy? Check out Moon Milan & Beyond with the Italian Lakes or Moon Rome, Florence & Venice.
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
About the Author
Laura Thayer first visited the Amalfi Coast in 2007 on a serendipitous holiday with her mother that would change the course of her life. It was love at first sight with Amalfi...and with her tour guide! After completing a master's in art history, with a thesis on the Duomo of Amalfi, she moved from the middle of America, married that tour guide, and now lives right in the heart of Amalfi.
Inspired by the captivating beauty of the Amalfi Coast, Laura founded Ciao Amalfi, a trusted online source of insider travel tips and information about the area. She loves hiking along the coastline's rugged pathways, taking photos around each and every corner, and inspiring travelers to explore the Amalfi Coast through her writing and photography.
For the past decade, Laura has worked as a full-time travel writer. She has shared her local insight on the Amalfi Coast by contributing to a variety of online travel publications, guidebooks, and magazines, including Italia! Magazine, Dream of Italy, The Simple Things, and Ambassador, the print magazine of the National Italian American Foundation. Laura's photos often accompany her writing, which highlights her passion for the interplay of words and images.
Now a dual Italian and American citizen, she lives in Amalfi with her husband, a certified tour guide for the region of Campania, and two fluffy cats. Discover more Amalfi Coast beauty on her website at www.ciaoamalfi.com.
"Moon handbooks are always a pleasure to read. The writing is crisp, the research impressive, and the recommendations practical and down to earth."—Chicago Tribune
“The books are more easily readable than other guides. The main attractions are also marked with a special icon and sidebars and boxes highlight special information, making the Moon handbooks one of the most user-friendly guides in terms of visual appeal and organization…the quality is uniformly excellent."—Transitions Abroad
"Far from narrow minded, each Moon travel guide gives itinerary options for a variety of travelers’ budgets—from frugal to lavish. They make books catering to those who love the outdoors, those who have limited time, those staying exclusively in cities and those who’ve fully committed to living abroad. In all, they have hundreds of titles, ranging Bermuda to Budapest, that’ll teach you to embrace a new culture."—Gear Patrol, “The Best Travel Guidebooks for Every Journey”
"Moon handbooks have become known as well-written and exceptionally informative guides."—The New York Times
"Moon guides are perfect for the relaxed road tripper or outdoor explorer."—No Small Plan
"Moon handbooks are known for cannily combining logistical information with cultural background of a country or state."—Los Angeles Times