Email or call for price.
Email or call for price.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 12 in the Backyard Farming series.
- #1: Backyard Farming: Raising Chickens: From Building Coops to Collecting Eggs and More (Paperback): $7.95
- #2: Backyard Farming: Growing Vegetables & Herbs: From Planting to Harvesting and More (Paperback): $7.95
- #3: Backyard Farming: Keeping Honey Bees: From Hive Management to Honey Harvesting and More (Paperback): $7.95
- #4: Backyard Farming: Home Harvesting: Canning and Curing, Pickling and Preserving Vegetables, Fruits and Meats (Paperback): $7.95
- #5: Backyard Farming: Raising Goats: For Dairy and Meat (Paperback): $7.95
- #6: Backyard Farming: Raising Cattle for Dairy and Beef (Paperback): $7.95
- #7: Backyard Farming: Growing Garlic: The Complete Guide to Planting, Growing, and Harvesting Garlic. (Paperback): $7.95
- #8: Backyard Farming: Canning & Preserving: Over 75 Recipes for the Homestead Kitchen (Paperback): $7.95
- #9: Backyard Farming: Homesteading: The Complete Guide to Self-Sufficiency (Paperback): $7.95
- #10: Backyard Farming: Fruit Trees, Berries & Nuts (Paperback): $7.95
- #11: Backyard Farming: Composting: How to Plan, Build, and Maintain Your Own Compost System for a Healthy and Vibrant Garden (Paperback): $7.95
Your Backyard Farming Experience Begins Here!
Join the Backyard Farming Movement and Turn Your Home into a Homestead!
Pigs are easily among the smartest and sweetest animals you can include on your farm or homestead. Occasionally challenging and always rewarding, pigs are intelligent animals and make for a great addition to any backyard farmer’s livestock.
Whether you plan to raise a single hog or a full litter of piglets, Backyard Farming: Raising Pigs is your expert guide to successfully keeping and caring for these animals. Raising Pigs covers a wide range of ownership and care issues, from selecting the right breeds and numbers for your wants and needs, housing and feeding requirements, breeding and raising piglets, and keeping your animals happy and healthy.
With Raising Pigs, you will:
• Learn to understand and appreciate these essential livestock investments
• Build efficient housing for your pigs to minimize your workload
• Learn to identify and treat a number of ailments and illnesses common to pigs
• Learn proper slaughtering techniques for your animals and prepare them for sale or personal use
• Discover a variety of delicious recipes using meat from your own farm
...and many more tips to help you achieve success.
More than ever, people everywhere are making a return to the farming lifestyle. Backyard Farming is your source for knowledge. Join the growing movement of homesteaders looking for a healthier, happier way of life—it starts right in your very own backyard.
Backyard Farming is a series of easy-to-use guides to help urban, suburban, and rural dwellers turn their homes into homesteads. Whether planning to grow food for the family or for sale at the local farmers market, Backyard Farming provides simple instruction and essential information in a convenient reference.
About the Author
Kim Pezza grew up among orchards and dairy and beef farms having lived most of her life in the Finger Lakes region. She has raised pigs, poultry and game birds, rabbits and goats, and is experienced in growing herbs and vegetables. In her spare time, Kim also teaches workshops in a variety of areas, from art and simple computers for seniors, to making herb butter, oils, and vinegars. She continues to learn new techniques and skills and is currently looking to turn her grandparents' 1800s farm into a small, working homestead.