Email or call for price.
Email or call for price.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 10 in the Backyard Farming series.
- #1: Backyard Farming: Raising Chickens: From Building Coops to Collecting Eggs and More (Paperback): $7.95
- #2: Backyard Farming: Growing Vegetables & Herbs: From Planting to Harvesting and More (Paperback): $7.95
- #3: Backyard Farming: Keeping Honey Bees: From Hive Management to Honey Harvesting and More (Paperback): $7.95
- #4: Backyard Farming: Home Harvesting: Canning and Curing, Pickling and Preserving Vegetables, Fruits and Meats (Paperback): $7.95
- #5: Backyard Farming: Raising Goats: For Dairy and Meat (Paperback): $7.95
- #6: Backyard Farming: Raising Cattle for Dairy and Beef (Paperback): $7.95
- #7: Backyard Farming: Growing Garlic: The Complete Guide to Planting, Growing, and Harvesting Garlic. (Paperback): $7.95
- #8: Backyard Farming: Canning & Preserving: Over 75 Recipes for the Homestead Kitchen (Paperback): $7.95
- #9: Backyard Farming: Homesteading: The Complete Guide to Self-Sufficiency (Paperback): $7.95
- #11: Backyard Farming: Composting: How to Plan, Build, and Maintain Your Own Compost System for a Healthy and Vibrant Garden (Paperback): $7.95
- #12: Backyard Farming: Raising Pigs (Paperback): $7.95
Your Backyard Farming Experience Begins Here!
Add Fresh Fruit, Berries, and Nuts to Your table with Your Own Backard Orchard!
Backyard Farming: Fruit Trees, Berries & Nuts shows you how to add an abundant orchard to your homestead so you can effectively expand your harvest. Covering every topic from preparing the soil for planting, to trimming and pruning the growing trees and bushes, to winterizing your orchard and enjoying your bounty, Fruit Trees, Berries & Nuts takes the guesswork out of growing and lets you enjoy the rewards of backyard farming.
Whether you have room for a full orchard, or just a few potted berry bushes, Fruit Trees, Berries & Nuts is a comprehensive primer and includes detailed instructions and informative photographs that help ensure your backyard orchard is productive.
With Fruit Trees, Berries & Nuts, you will:
• Learn how to grow a wide range of fruits, nuts, and berries in any climate
• Find the planting method that works best for you, your needs, and your available space
• Find out which varieties are easiest for beginners, including tips and tricks for first-time farmers
• Learn how to protect and preserve your harvest
• Discover a variety of delicious recipes using produce from your own fruit trees and bushes
...and many more tips to help you achieve success.
More than ever, people everywhere are making a return to the farming lifestyle: Fruit Trees, Berries & Nuts is your first big step to joining the growing movement of homemakers looking to a healthier, happier way of life—and it starts right in your own backyard.
Backyard Farming is a series of easy-to-use guides to help urban, suburban, and rural dwellers turn their homes into homesteads. Whether planning to grow food for the family or for sale at the local farmers market, Backyard Farming provides simple instruction and essential information in a convenient reference.
About the Author
Kim Pezza grew up among orchards and dairy and beef farms having lived most of her life in the Finger Lakes region. She has raised pigs, poultry and game birds, rabbits and goats, and is experienced in growing herbs and vegetables. In her spare time, Kim also teaches workshops in a variety of areas, from art and simple computers for seniors, to making herb butter, oils, and vinegars. She continues to learn new techniques and skills and is currently looking to turn her grandparents' 1800s farm into a small, working homestead.