Usually Available/Ships in 5-7 Business Days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 5 in the Backyard Farming series.
- #1: Backyard Farming: Raising Chickens: From Building Coops to Collecting Eggs and More (Paperback): $7.95
- #2: Backyard Farming: Growing Vegetables & Herbs: From Planting to Harvesting and More (Paperback): $7.95
- #3: Backyard Farming: Keeping Honey Bees: From Hive Management to Honey Harvesting and More (Paperback): $7.95
- #4: Backyard Farming: Home Harvesting: Canning and Curing, Pickling and Preserving Vegetables, Fruits and Meats (Paperback): $7.95
- #6: Backyard Farming: Raising Cattle for Dairy and Beef (Paperback): $7.95
- #7: Backyard Farming: Growing Garlic: The Complete Guide to Planting, Growing, and Harvesting Garlic. (Paperback): $7.95
- #8: Backyard Farming: Canning & Preserving: Over 75 Recipes for the Homestead Kitchen (Paperback): $7.95
- #9: Backyard Farming: Homesteading: The Complete Guide to Self-Sufficiency (Paperback): $7.95
- #10: Backyard Farming: Fruit Trees, Berries & Nuts (Paperback): $7.95
- #11: Backyard Farming: Composting: How to Plan, Build, and Maintain Your Own Compost System for a Healthy and Vibrant Garden (Paperback): $7.95
- #12: Backyard Farming: Raising Pigs (Paperback): $7.95
A comprehensive guide for preparing and caring for the addition of goats to your backyard farm—the ideal resource for the beginner farmer
Backyard Farming: Raising Goats is the perfect guide for beginners thinking about adding goats to their sustainable homestead. Covering every topic from selecting and maintaining a breed, to the tools and space you'll need, to all the wonderful benefits that owning goats can provide, Raising Goats includes all that you need to know to get the most out of your new herd.
Everything you need to get started: Covering topics from selecting the perfect breed for your space and time requirements, to milking and culling your herd, to preparing for and raising the next generation of kids, Raising Goats is the all-in-one guide for the aspiring home goatherd.
Easy to follow, easy to understand: Written in simple, informative language, complete with numerous illustrations of proper techniques and housing set-ups, Raising Goats is written with first-time goatherds in mind.
A great addition to any backyard farm: The benefits of owning goats range widely: goat's milk, meat, even goat hair has its uses and markets. Easier to care for than sheep and lots of fun besides, Raising Goats is the perfect first step to adding livestock to your farming experience!
Backyard Farming is a series of easy-to-use guides to help urban, suburban, and rural dwellers turn their homes into homesteads. Whether planning to grow food for the family or for sale at the local farmers market, Backyard Farming provides simple instruction and essential information in a convenient reference.
About the Author
Kim Pezza grew up among orchards and dairy and beef farms having lived most of her life in the Finger Lakes region. She has raised pigs, poultry and game birds, rabbits and goats, and is experienced in growing herbs and vegetables. In her spare time, Kim also teaches workshops in a variety of areas, from art and simple computers for seniors, to making herb butter, oils, and vinegars. She continues to learn new techniques and skills and is currently looking to turn her grandparents' 1800s farm into a small, working homestead.