Usually Available/Ships in 5-7 Business Days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 4 in the Backyard Farming series.
- #1: Backyard Farming: Raising Chickens: From Building Coops to Collecting Eggs and More (Paperback): $7.95
- #2: Backyard Farming: Growing Vegetables & Herbs: From Planting to Harvesting and More (Paperback): $7.95
- #3: Backyard Farming: Keeping Honey Bees: From Hive Management to Honey Harvesting and More (Paperback): $7.95
- #5: Backyard Farming: Raising Goats: For Dairy and Meat (Paperback): $7.95
- #6: Backyard Farming: Raising Cattle for Dairy and Beef (Paperback): $7.95
- #7: Backyard Farming: Growing Garlic: The Complete Guide to Planting, Growing, and Harvesting Garlic. (Paperback): $7.95
- #8: Backyard Farming: Canning & Preserving: Over 75 Recipes for the Homestead Kitchen (Paperback): $7.95
- #9: Backyard Farming: Homesteading: The Complete Guide to Self-Sufficiency (Paperback): $7.95
- #10: Backyard Farming: Fruit Trees, Berries & Nuts (Paperback): $7.95
- #11: Backyard Farming: Composting: How to Plan, Build, and Maintain Your Own Compost System for a Healthy and Vibrant Garden (Paperback): $7.95
- #12: Backyard Farming: Raising Pigs (Paperback): $7.95
Backyard Farming: Home Harvesting is the ideal resource for the new farmer looking to make the most of his produce by preserving it for the future! Providing a comprehensive guide for preparing and preserving your hard-earned harvest, this book ensures that your backyard farm will feed you all year long!
Backyard Farming: Home Harvesting is the perfect guide for beginners looking to extend the benefits of their homestead's produce. Covering every topic from selecting and maintaining the resources needed to properly preserve your food, to the various methods of preserving and how they are done, to recipes and ideas for making the best use of your preserved bounty, Backyard Farming: Home Harvesting includes all that you need to know to get the most out of your home harvest. Including time-tested tips and tricks used by expert farmers, this invaluable resource is a must-have for anyone looking to enjoy the fruits of their labor year round!
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO GET STARTED. Addressing all the important areas, from selecting the ideal method for your crop, to knowing when and why to preserve, to how long each method preserves your food for, Backyard Farming: Home Harvesting is the all-in-one guide for the first-time farmer at harvest time.
EASY TO FOLLOW, EASY TO UNDERSTAND. Written in simple, informative language, complete with numerous illustrations of proper techniques and preserving set-ups, Backyard Farming: Home Harvesting is written with new farmers in mind.
A GUIDE THAT EVERY BACKYARD FARMER CAN USE. Whether your backyard farm raises livestock or grows crops, there is a method in this book to greatly extend your enjoyment of your harvest! From canning, to smoking; from freezing to drying, the benefits of preserving are obvious! No farmer wants to have to throw away their hard work, and Backyard Farming: Home Harvesting is the perfect guide to ensuring that no part of the harvest is wasted!
The Backyard Farming series offers easy-to-use guides to help first-time farmers and homesteaders experience the satisfaction that comes from producing their own
food. Rural areas with acres of land, suburban neighborhoods with small backyards, or urban environments with limited space--no matter what your situation, these books are tailored to your unique needs and resources. Each volume in this series is dedicated to a particular topic in backyard farming, whether you're planning to grow food for your family or for sale at your local farmers market. Featuring simple instructions and helpful illustrations, the Backyard Farming series empowers you and your family to enjoy the freshest ingredients possible--direct from your own backyard!
About the Author
Kim Pezza grew up among orchards and dairy and beef farms having lived most of her life in the Finger Lakes region. She has raised pigs, poultry and game birds, rabbits and goats, and is experienced in growing herbs and vegetables. In her spare time, Kim also teaches workshops in a variety of areas, from art and simple computers for seniors, to making herb butter, oils, and vinegars. She continues to learn new techniques and skills and is currently looking to turn her grandparents' 1800s farm into a small, working homestead.