Isn't it about time to start nose-to-tail cooking with vegetables? Learn how to make the most of the edibles in your garden or the farmer's market bounty!
The No Waste Vegetable Cookbook will help you cook your way through greens, beans, roots, and herbs with seasonal recipes that utilize every edible part of the plant. Author Linda Ly shares a wide variety of recipes and techniques from her popular CSA Cookbook, from creative pickling (think watermelon rind) to perfect pestos. Chapters and recipes include:
- Tomatoes and Peppers: Spicy Minty Tomato Sauce Infused with Tomato Leaves, Spicy Fermented Summer Salsa, Ginger-Spiced Chicken Soup with Wilted Pepper Leaves, Blistered Padron Peppers and White Onions
- Leafy Greens: Kale Stem Pesto Spring Bulgur Salad with Kale Buds, Stuffed Collard Greens, Potlikker Noodles with Collard Greens, Broccoli Green and Baked Falafel Wrap
- Peas and Beans: Pea Shoot Salad with Radish and Carrot, Pan-Charred Beans with Bean Leaf Pesto, Yardlong Bean Curry with Wilted Spinach, Fava Leaf Salad with Citrus, Feta, and Walnuts, Charred Fava Pods with Parmesean
- Bulbs and Stems: Fennel Front and Ginger Pesto, Kohlrabi Home Fries with Thyme Aioli, Leek Green, Wild Mushroom and Goat Cheese Crostini, Scallion Soup, Green Onion Pancake with Spicy Soy Dipping Sauce
- Roots and Tubers: Carrot Top Salsa, Beetza Beetza, Quick-Pickled Sweet 'n Spicy Radish Pods, Savory Sweet Potato Hummus, Creamy Sweet Potato Soup with Maple Syrup, Hasselback Potatoes, Vietnamese Carrot and Daikon Pickles
- Melons and Gourds: Watermelon Rind Kimchi, Stir-Fried Watermelon Rind, Gingered Butternut Bisque, Four Ways to Toast Pumpkin Seeds, Sicilian Squash Shoot Soup, Drunken Pumpkin Chili, Pan-Fried Cucumber in Honey Sesame Sauce
- Flowers and Herbs: Chive Blossom Vinegar, Nasturtium Pesto, Cilantro Pepita Pesto, Chimichurri, Marinated Feta with a Mess of Herbs, and "All In" Herb Dressing
About the Author
Linda Ly is the author of The New Camp Cookbook, The Backyard Fire Cookbook, The CSA Cookbook, and The No-Waste Vegetable Cookbook and the blogger behind the award-winning gardenbetty.com, a lifestyle site devoted to modern homesteading, green living, and adventure traveling. Nearly two million visitors turn to the blog every year for inspiration, tips, and tricks for eating well and living well, both in their backyards and in the great outdoors. Linda has been featured in national and regional media including Country Living, HGTV, Better Homes & Gardens, and Heritage Radio Network. Her passion for camping and cooking has taken her all over the American West, but she calls Bend, Oregon, home.