Usually Available/Ships in 5-7 Business Days
Over 1,000 Tips for Gardening, Country Cooking, Saving Money, DIY Cleaning Solutions, Home Remedies, and More!
This comprehensive collection of practical tips covers all aspects of keeping a country home, from painting a wall to removing wine stains, making perfect pastry to making your own window cleaner. In addition, find advice for cleaning carpets, making jam, wallpapering, knitting, sewing, and more! Woven throughout are poems and proverbs, legends and lore, making this an enjoyable read and a perfect housewarming gift.
- "Crisp limp lettuce and celery by placing in a pan of cold water for an hour with slices of raw potato."
- "If an aluminum pan has become discolored, boil some apple peel in it for a few minutes, then rinse and dry."
- "Tighten up sagging cane seats of chairs by scrubbing both the top and underside with hot soapy water. Rinse in cold salt water."
- "Sprinkle salt on paths and brickwork crevices to get rid of weeds and grass."
- "A needle can be threaded more easily if a little hairspray, starch, or beeswax is put on the end of the thread."
- "Sage tea is a valuable tonic that stimulates the circulation and soothes a persistent cough."
About the Author
Mary Rose Quigg is a bestselling author with over 500,000 copies of her books in print. She raised five children in Co Cork, Ireland while working as a cook in several restaurants. Over the years she accumulated a collection of hints and tips from friends and family, especially her mother. Over a decade ago she moved with her husband and two children to France where they run a busy restaurant in the picturesque countryside.
"I am so blown away by the many ideas, tips, and tricks I could use. . . . This is a book for everyone because it's practical to all the things we do on a daily basis." —Inspired2Craft