This book is non-returnable.
This textbook has been written keeping in mind the requirements of building and plant industries. The author has specifically covered a number of pain-points that the users face on day-to-day basis in their work. Real-world BIM and Plant models have been used as tutorials in this book. You will be able to find various similarities between the models used in this textbook and your current projects. This will allow you to apply the concepts learned in this textbook to your day-to-day work.
The following are some salient features of this textbook:
- Complimentary access to the videos of all tutorials in the textbook.
- More than 690 pages of in-depth coverage of all modules of Autodesk Navisworks Simulate and Manage.
- Detailed discussion of the Autodesk Navisworks tools and concepts followed by Plant and BIM tutorials.
- Around 450 pages of tutorials on real-world Plant and Building models.
- Tutorial on performing clash test with point cloud data.
- Project-based chapter on Autodesk BIM 360 Glue App for Autodesk Navisworks.
- Project-based chapter on Autodesk Navisworks for Factory Design Suite.
- Special tutorial on the animation of the subsea Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV).
- Special tutorials showing the Animator and Scripter scenes with crane animations.
- Timeliner simulation linked with animator animations showing construction sequences and movement of crane and semitrailers at the construction site.
- Detailed coverage of the Clash Detective module and the switchback functionality.
- Timeliner based clash tests included in tutorials.
- "What I do" tips describing some real world challenges that Navisworks users face and the author's approach in those situations.
- Free video showing how to use Autodesk ReCap to reduce the size of Point Cloud data before importing in Autodesk Navisworks available by contacting the author at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- End of chapter skill evaluation to review the concepts learnt in the chapter.
The following free teaching resources are available for faculty:
- PowerPoint slides of every chapter in the textbook.
- Answers to the Class Test Questions.
- Help for designing the course curriculum.
- Additional videos to help plan your classes.
About the Author
Deepak Maini (Sydney, Australia) is a qualified Mechanical Engineer with more than 16 years of experience in working with various CAD software. He has also been teaching various CAD software for more than 15 years. Deepak's experience of Autodesk Navisworks goes back to the days when this software was still Navisworks JetStream. More details about him can be found on his website http: //www.deepakmaini.com Deepak is a lead presenter at various events showcasing the latest Autodesk technology all around Australia and is regularly invited to present Autodesk Navisworks and Autodesk BIM 360 Glue at various User Group events around the country. He is also a speaker at Autodesk University in Las Vegas. Deepak is currently working as the Head of Technical, Manufacturing Solutions with Cadgroup Australia, the first Platinum Autodesk Partner in the southern hemisphere. Deepak's Contact Details Email: email@example.com Website: http: //www.deepakmaini.com