An indispensable guide to the revolutionary advances in pregnancy and childbirth, Taking Charge of Your Pregnancy contains trailblazing science that explains:
- Why the first eight weeks are the most important and how to optimize them
- Which prenatal genetic tests are risk-free and which are a waste of money
- Why miscarriages are common and the preventive steps future moms can take
- When to be concerned about nausea
- What pregnant women can learn from their own mother's birth stories
- What to do about pain during labor and delivery
After decades of research into how babies develop in the womb, Susan J. Fisher, PhD, shares her expert advice to empower expecting parents. Complete with helpful illustrations, practical tips, and the essential questions to ask healthcare providers, here is everything you need to take charge of your health and your baby's.
About the Author
SUSAN J. FISHER, PhD, is a professor in the Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences in the School of Medicine of the University of California San Francisco. She lives in San Francisco.