DK Eyewitness Top 10 Rome (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Special Order - Subject to availability, call or email to order
One of the most dynamic cities in the world, Rome is steeped in history and a feast for the eyes, bursting with ancient art, Renaissance architecture, delectable Italian cuisine and modern Italian chic. Your DK Eyewitness Top 10 travel guide ensures you'll find your way around Rome with absolute ease.
Our annually updated Top 10 travel guide breaks down the best of Rome into helpful lists of ten—from our own selected highlights to the best ancient sites, villas and palaces, beautiful squares, shopping streets, green spaces, osterias, trattorias pizzerias and, of course, the quintessential gelaterie.
• Eleven easy-to-follow itineraries, perfect for a day trip, a weekend, or a week
• Top 10 lists of Rome's must-sees, including detailed descriptions of Galleria Borghese, Ostia Antica, the Roman Forum, Vatican City, the Pantheon, the Colosseum and Imperial Flora, Musei Capitolini, Santa Maria del Popolo, Villa Giulia and Museo Nazionale Romano
• Rome's most interesting areas, with the best places for shopping, going out, and sightseeing
• Inspiration for different things to enjoy during your trip-including cultural festivals, squares and fountains, undergrounds sites, hidden gems off the beaten path, and things to do for free
• A laminated pull-out map of Rome and its environs, plus nine full-color neighborhood maps
• Streetsmart advice: get ready, get around, and stay safe
• A lightweight format perfect for your pocket or bag when you're on the move
Looking for more on Rome's culture, history and attractions? Try our DK Eyewitness Rome.
"This [DK Eyewitness Travel: Top 10] might be the best traveling companion to throw in your pack. It's a slim and sleek overview… loaded with practical and useful content." – Gadling.com
"Known… for its four-color maps, photos and illustrations, the [DK] Eyewitness Guides are extremely user-friendly for travelers who want their information delivered in a concise, visual way." – Chicago Tribune
"The best option… Color photos, maps, and diagrams bring the place to life." – The Philadelphia Inquirer