This book is non-returnable.
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
A Complete Reference on Construction Waste Recycling
This GreenSource guide offers comprehensive information on how to recycle as much as 95 percent of new construction and demolition waste, reuse existing materials, and comply with U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) LEED waste management guidelines.
Recycling Construction & Demolition Waste provides the strategies and tools you need to develop and implement a successful jobsite waste management plan. This practical resource also covers other programs that promote sustainable construction, such as the International Code Council's ICC-ES program, the National Association of Homebuilders (NAHB) Green Building Program, the Green Building Initiative Green Globes Program, BREEAM, and more.
FIND OUT HOW TO:
- Manage construction and demolition waste on the jobsite
- Set up an efficient jobsite recycling center
- Recycle new construction waste
- Conduct an on-site audit to assess demolition waste
- Reuse existing materials, including asphalt, brick, concrete, insulation, structural steel, wood, glass, and more
- Develop a comprehensive waste management plan
- Comply with LEED standards to earn waste management credits
- Get details on other green certification and code programs
- Document waste management compliance
- Include appropriate specifications in construction documents
- Market your jobsite recycling program
About the Author
Greg Winkler, AIA, LEED AP, is a principal in Green Lizard Management, a firm that provides owner representation and project management services to corporate, developer, and institutional clients. An architect with over 25 years of experience, he was a contributor to The Passive Solar Design Handbook, and the co-author of Analysis of Passive Solar System Thermal Performance and Construction Administration for Architects.